Well, that was a disappointing weekend. We really needed to win all three of those games against the Astros. They are simply not a good baseball team.
- Kubel left Sunday’s game early because he caught the flu from Mauer. Or because he terribly misplayed a ball in right field. You be the judge.
- Apparently we decided not to hit yesterday. I was at the game and it was pretty painful to watch. After watching the first I thought Perkins was going to have a line something like this: 4IP, 8 hits, 6ER. He managed to settle down and gave up 4 runs over 7 innings. Not great, but considering how he started the game, much better than expected.
- Saturday’s game really should be the final nail in the coffin for certain bullpen members. I’m looking at you Sean Henn. I say we pool our money and buy a plane ticket for Anthony Slama TODAY. The front office/coaching staff can’t truly believe the bullpen in its current state gives us a chance to win. They do not.
- I was hoping this interleague stretch would be a time for us to string together a bunch of wins and surge above 500. Instead we have decided to stick close to the 500 mark. Bold move, Gardy.
- We have nine games on the road starting tomorrow night in Milwaukee, the to Saint Louis and KC. St. Louis scares me a little, but we should be able to win the series against the Brewers and Royals. That being said when we play on the road anything goes.
- Will any moves get made on this off day? I would bet Ayala’s days are numbered but I saw a stat that he pitches really well on the road, so we will probably keep him around through this trip.
- What are your thoughts on what probably has to be the most disappointing series of the year so far?