Target Field Open House

So I somehow managed to finagle passes to the “Champions Club Open House” at Target Field tonight, which is pretty badass.  So I will be attending with my trusty iPhone camera taking pictures of all the cool things I see, and putting a post together later this weekend.  I’m not sure what parts of the stadium I will have access to, I’m assuming the clubhouse and field will be off limits, which is lame.  If anyone would like to see specific things/parts of the stadium, please let me know in the comments section sometime today. I will post some updates via twitter throughout the evening, but will most likely save all pictures for post tomorrow.

Although, if there is free beer I rescind all promises because I may get drunk.

1. pws March 12th, 2010 8:22 am

I would appreciate a picture of the bathrooms. Urinals or troughs?

2. FunBobby March 12th, 2010 8:30 am

Excellent question. I think i read somewhere that it will be urinals, because some “suit” deemed the trough system unsanitary. I think it is a model of efficiency.

3. sirsean March 12th, 2010 9:12 am

I could be wrong, but I heard the only two places that still have the trough are the Dome and Wrigley field. I think you’re not allowed to install them any more, and you can only have them if they’re grandfathered in.

Which is disappointing, but is probably wise. I’m sure everyone’s seen the video of the guy diving headfirst into the trough at Wrigley like it was a slip-n-slide.

4. pws March 12th, 2010 9:22 am

Cameron Indoor Stadium still has them, but they have dividers, which really takes away the charm of troughs.

5. sirsean March 12th, 2010 9:28 am

Good to know.

And yeah, dividers and troughs don’t really mix, I think.

6. MarkW March 12th, 2010 10:16 am

Nice, I’ll be there as well… despite this crappy weather, it should be pretty sweet!

7. Ragstoriches March 12th, 2010 2:40 pm